Friday, July 2, 2010

Last day of school/field day

Yo, I almost forgot writing my last day of school. It was on June 21st, the same day that the 7th & 8th grade field day is taking place. This time, instead of homeroom that makes a team, we are randomly chosen into different groups. I got my writing teachers group, Ms. Barnat. First, we have kickball against Mrs. Audet's group. A version of baseball except we're using bouncy 4-square ball. We've totally got the upper hand from the start, so you can say we won this game.
Next is always my favorite, dodgeball. Except this time, once you get hit by a ball and you are out, you stay out, there's no way you can get back in. We won most of the games, we've played around 4-5 games. Like last year, in one of the games, I was the LAST ONE STANDING. This time though, some of my own teammates even told me to give up, we could start another game! Well, I'm not the sort of person who gives up even though the chances of winning are pretty slim and we could start another. Unfortunately, it ended almost the exact same way as last year. Somebody caught my ball before it hit the ground. Except, last year I threw the ball like a baseball pitch straight in the middle, this time, I threw it a bit higher than I intended it to be, and Cody got it, that's the only game we lost. But I stayed in throughout the rest of the time.
Then comes capture the flag. This is a lot harder than the ones in gym because, there are more people defending & capturing the flag, and you have to run a longer distance to get the flag and back. Nevertheless, our teammates overcome the odds and win almost all the games, the only time we lost is when Bailey captured the flag. I did defending and rescuing the "prisoners" that are captured when they are attempting to capture and retrieve the flag. I never even try to get the flag because I know that I won't even make it back, even though I have maneuverability, I lacked speed, and that will be my downfall.
I forgot what the next sport is call, it something like a volleyball. Except that you have to catch it first, then throw it back to the other side, and also that if it hits the floor, the person closest is out. We've won most of the games and only lost twice.
Our group doesn't have time to do basketball and one other sport, because we have to move on. To a series of tug-of-war games. All classes from 7th & 8th grade gathered there for the game. 1st the 7th grade teams compete against each other. Our 1st game is against Hannah's group. Remember the picture I've taken on the field trip, the one with Molly? She's on the right. I will have to say this, she hates me more than anybody else does. Although I had tried countless failed attempts to turn her around, sometimes I turn to rivalry myself as well. So, we defeated her group easily. Next game against my own homeroom teacher's group was not so lucky.Several of our teammates had gone to take a drink and we don't expect them to start until they are back. But they started anyway. We are totally taken by surprise, we are defeated swiftly. I can't believe it, we are defeated at the hands of my own homeroom teacher. Her group ended up being the champ of the 7th grade group. Then the 8th grade classes go up next. My friends mom Mrs.Crawford is leading one of the groups, they become the champs of the 8th grade group. Then the final, ultimate game of 7th grade champs against the 8th grade champs is next. If you ask me who to root for, it's no contest. Expectantly, Mrs.Crawford's group swiftly beat Mrs.Rodgers. So, Mrs Crawford becomes the ultimate champion.
Then, after field day, the whole grade has to clean out the lockers. After is lunch. As my final lunch for the school, I have hot dogs, also there's a slide shows of pictures taken throughout the year. After recess, we are watching a movie called "The Astronaut Farmer."
Then, we can play or sign yearbooks in gym. Unusually weird, Molly wanted to sign my yearbook again even though she already sign it small a few days ago. So, she ended up having the largest & smallest signature in my yearbook. Before I'm outta there, I received hugs. Couple from Abby, then a final one from Ariana. Then I ended my school year. The difference this year is that I didn't cry on my way out. Not like last year, but I don't want to get into the details.

No comments:

Post a Comment