Sunday, July 4, 2010

Church teen group cook out & July 4th, Independence Day fireworks

On the night of July 2nd, it's the annual Independence Day fireworks in Putnam alongside of the Quinebaug River in downtown Putnam. For the last couple of years, we sat on a bridge to watch the fireworks, near the source of the fireworks. But this year is completely different. I'm going to the Tri-State Church teen group cook out at the pastors house while the rest of my family is going directly to the fireworks after dinner. 2 of my classmates are there, Jasmin & Courtney. We have some fun activities. Only 2 games, but fun. Both games are boys vs girls. the 1st game is the ultimate Frisbee game. Is basically like soccer except whoever has the Frisbee has to stay where they are and have to pass to their teammates toward the goal area. If the person drops it, your team's turn is over. The guys totally won the game. We played until it got accidentally thrown deep into the part of the house with tall grasses, and there's also a small ravine, or whatever it was called, blocking the way.
The next game is a little harder, volleyball. I know for a fact that some of the girls are playing volleyball for their school team and I thought we are going to fail this one. And it seems like it is, the girls got an early advantage. But this time, God is on our side. Thanks to our teen group leader Brother Steve, we are able to get many points, and we stay in the lead 'till the end.
Then, comes dinner. I have hot dog, marshmallows, and a coke for dinner.I took pictures of Courtney & Jasmine.
Then, after prayer, we are off to Putnam to watch the fireworks. I've been to every one of them. Usually our family arrives there about an hour or 2 before the fireworks to look around, and we watch the fireworks on the bridge, close to where the fireworks are setting off. This time, it's different, we took a shortcut I didn't even know of there. Bro. Steve knows the way even without the GPS. We ended up at the New Alliance Bank, right across from the familiar Putnam Supermarket. We watched from right in front of the police department. Closer from the source of the fireworks, closer than I would have preferred but that's OK. It turns out, we arrived barely a few minutes before it starts.
When it starts, I took a few precious seconds to get my camera and my position ready, and I filmed all the way without stopping. Meanwhile, my parents are on a hill behind Price Chopper supermarket, in front of my martial arts school, where the school's having a cookout as well. My mom did the filming, cutting the firework show up into segments, that's what I think made mom missed most of the last unexpected round of fireworks. Speaking of that, back to me please. The round of fireworks is over, or so I thought. I was about to stop the camera when I heard another round of fireworks being launched. I point my cam to the sky just a split second before it explodes. Then it's over around 30 minutes and 40 seconds after it started.



You had wonder why I didn't get my own pictures of the cookout and my own video of the fireworks, that is because that my autistic brother had foolishly deleted ALL of my pictures just to randomly record movie scenes.


GOD BLESS AMERICA

1 comment:

  1. - tono para celulares despacito - descargar tonos para llamada celular - tonos para celular
    - descargar anuncios tonos para celular gratis

    ReplyDelete